07/09/2018 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Bismarck, ND
The ND DoH will hold a public hearing to address proposed amendments to ND Administrative Code chapter 33-38-01 on Monday, July 9th. The hearing will be held in the Judicial Wing of the ND Capitol, Room 201, located at 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Bismarck, ND.
The proposed rules have been approved by the ND Health Council to move forward to the Public Hearing. From there they will go to the ND Attorney General's office, and then back to the ND Health Council for a final vote.
View the proposed rules here.
Connect for Zero Suicides in ND Summer Training Academy - July 11 - 13
Participant Requirements: North Dakotans or people who serve ND state and Tribal residents within North Dakota, that care about suicide prevention. All are welcome to the first day of this event. The following two days are exclusively for individuals who wish to become trainers of this best practice program:
- Suicide data and how age, gender, culture and other factors impact suicide risk
- Reducing misconceptions and stigma about suicide as a barrier for people getting help
- Promoting positive action steps to increase help seeking
- Self-care skills
TRAINING FOR EVERYONE - July 11th only
To sign up for this general training session, select the second training option in this form: Suicide Prevention Best Practice
TRAINING FOR TRAINERS - July 11 - 13
To apply to be a trainer here: Suicide Prevention Best Practice
Call Alison Traynor at 701.328.4580 with any questions.
07/17/2018 7:30 AM BISMARCK EVENT CENTER - BISMARCK, ND
North Dakota Immunization Conference
July 17 & 18, 2018 - Bismarck Event Center - Bismarck, ND
- Enhance provider knowledge about vaccines and vaccine preventable diseases
- Explore strategies and best practices to increase immunization coverage rates
- Learn communication strategies for responding to questions about vaccine safety and how to use social media to communicate with parents and families
- Review key components of the Vaccines For Children (VFC) Program, including vaccine storage and handling
- Learn barriers and opportunities for improvement in relation to school immunization requirements
Who Should Attend?
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Public Health Professionals
- Anyone interested in immunizations
09/05/2018 Fargo Civic Center
Governor Doug Burgum and First Lady Kathryn Helgaas Burgum invite you to the second annual Recovery Reinvented on September 5th, 2018 in Fargo, North Dakota.
Watch www.RecoveryReinvented.com for more details.
Join addiction recovery advocates, behavioral health providers, business and community leaders, faith-based organizations, families, first responders, healthcare providers and administrators, law enforcement, American Indian communities, university and college representatives, and anyone dedicated to reinventing recovery through eliminating the stigma of addiction and empowering communities. The event will feature facilitated conversations with local and national experts to discuss the disease of addiction and recovery through innovative implementation in North Dakota.