04/26/2018 12:00 PM webinar
Diminishing Access to Rural Maternity Care and Associated Changes in Birth Location and Outcomes
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2018
Time: 12:00 pm Central
Duration: approximately 60 minutes
This webinar, presented by Carrie Henning-Smith, PhD, MPH, MSW, Deputy Director of the University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center, will describe recent work from the Center on loss of hospital-based obstetric care in rural areas, including the overall change in availability of care and the county-level socio-demographic correlates of losing services. It will also include information from a study published in JAMA in March 2018, describing changes in birth location and outcomes following obstetric services loss in rural areas.
- Link: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/gateway_webinar/
- Dial-in Number: 888.469.1674
- Participant Passcode: 3080476
The webinar is free, no registration is required, but participation is limited to the first 200 to log-on that day. If the webinar reaches capacity, you will be able to access the recording, archived on the Gateway website.
04/28/2018 7:30 AM Grand Forks
Continuing Education: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Minnesota Medical Association through the joint sponsorship of Trinity Health and the North Dakota Society of Anesthesiologists. Trinity Health is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Trinity Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn, located at 4301 James Ray Drive in Grand Forks, at a discounted rate of $89.
To reserve a room with this discounted rate for Friday, April 27, contact the Hilton Garden in at 701-775-6000 and identify that you are part of the ND Society of Anesthesiologist Group.
OR, you can log into our customized link and reserve your room online here.
Rooms must be reserved by April 18, 2018 to qualify for the discount.
To attend, register here
07/17/2018 7:30 AM BISMARCK EVENT CENTER - BISMARCK, ND
North Dakota Immunization Conference
July 17 & 18, 2018 - Bismarck Event Center - Bismarck, ND
- Enhance provider knowledge about vaccines and vaccine preventable diseases
- Explore strategies and best practices to increase immunization coverage rates
- Learn communication strategies for responding to questions about vaccine safety and how to use social media to communicate with parents and families
- Review key components of the Vaccines For Children (VFC) Program, including vaccine storage and handling
- Learn barriers and opportunities for improvement in relation to school immunization requirements
Who Should Attend?
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Public Health Professionals
- Anyone interested in immunizations