COVID-19 Clinician and Patient Resources
NDMA is collaborating closely with the ND Dept. of Health, ND Hospital Association and other partners to ensure that the physician community of North Dakota is well informed and has resources to provide quality care to patients during the developing COVID-19 outbreak.
NDMA will continue to keep the physician community informed on efforts to prevent the spread of the virus.
What You Should Know about COVID-19
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, so the best way for patients to prevent illness is to avoid exposure. The CDC recommends every day preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Stay Up To Date
Guidance can rapidly change. Check the following resources for the most up-to-date information: